Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Today I walked where Paul walked...part 2


March 11, 2008
Tuesday

Today I walked where Paul walked and I wondered what he felt as his steps fell before mine so many years ago. Was he anxious, nervous, or excited to journey through these lands?

To walk among the people who worshiped so many gods, to offer them the one true God in whom they all could trust. Did he feel great confidence or was he walking scared?

Was he working on what next to say or trusting it would come? Was he looking forward to the synagogue or fighting to get into the theater to share the Word he knew so well that he wanted just to share, to offer people eternal life, salvation, and grace beyond compare.

Today I walked where Paul walked and recognized the call, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with any and with all. In places that I know for sure as well as those away, to continue the journey begun so long ago as God has called me to do. To walk among the merchants, the friendly and the foe, the rich and the poor, the lonely and the lost.

With fear, excitement, nervousness and awe that goes with such a call. To recognize that another will walk where I have walked and not have them wonder if I was true. To share the love of God as Paul did when he walked the path before me... “

No comments: