Saturday, March 8, 2008

“To the angel of the church of Ephesus”



March 8, 2008
Saturday

Revelation 2:1-7

What does God mean that the church of Ephesus has forgotten their first love? Their actions certainly seem to indicate that they are faithful to God—they, don’t tolerate wicked men or phony preachers. But God is concerned.
How many times in our faith journey have we been so busy being a Christian that we forgot about why we are doing it? By that I mean, how many times do we prepare a casserole for the supper, purchase cookies from the kids, attend every meeting we should, and get frustrated at the energy we are expending? These should not be obligations but rather ways to show our love for God through Christ. It’s our way to say “thank you for loving me in such an awesome way”. I tend to realize I’ve forgotten about living out my faith in Christ when I begin to feel all dried up inside. It’s then that I go to the well and drink again of the water that quenches all thirst. Have you forgotten your first love? If so, God invites you to come, rest, and sit in God’s presence and remember with thanksgiving your love for Christ in response to God’s love for you.

No comments: