Friday, December 12, 2008

Antsy? No Ant-see. It's a great view!!!!

As we struggle with the various events and experiences in our lives, here is an interesting story from across the world that might help to give us a little perspective on how we can see things if we do not, or we do, trust them to God...I know if gave me something to think about...

The Child's Ant
================

God had been trying to get my attention for some months, but I was too deep in debt to hear Him. However, it took just one divinely orchestrated incident to put everything in perspective.

I had woken up early to prepare my two little daughters for school. As I tried to put the older one in the bathtub, she saw an ant right there. You would have thought she saw a viper.

All my entreaties to her to put down her feet were ignored: her greatest problem at that point was an ant. To her, an ant was a big deal, but it wasn't to me. I could easily take care of an ant any day. Then I got impatient with her for fearing an ant.

At that point, I had a MountainWings Moment! It was as if I heard an audible voice: "Is that not what you have been doing to me all these past months?"

What? You mean all the debts I thought were big enough to crush me were like that ant to God? I had to apologize for having a low impression of God.

Today, a few months later, all the debts are gone.

~A MountainWings Original by Sylvester Ojenagbon, Lagos, Nigeria~

Forward this issue to a friend or send them the link below:
http://www.mountainwings.com/past/8347.htm

No comments: